The purpose of the SME Practice Pool Manager (Finance and Risk Domain) within development practice is to lead, grow and motivate a technical team of SMEs and engineers within an the platform. An experienced IT Professional, the SME Practice Manager will contribute to the ongoing technical capability and direction of the development practice through effective line management and continuous development of colleagues, so that the Platform is able to meet the current and future needs of the business and Group IT. Typically reporting into the Development Head of Function and line managing a team of Senior SME and SME colleagues, the SME Practice Pool Manager will be accountable for the implementation of a number of key development and people processes within the Platform Team. Day to day line management of around 30-40 technical colleagues within an development Platform or Function.
• Expert knowledge of Key disciplines, standards and processes within a technical SME pool. This will include recruitment and resourcing, career development, objective setting, succession planning, performance reviews, colleague development.
• Leads the long term capability planning and objective setting for the Platform to ensure that the development of any new initiatives or procedures aligns to the continuous development of colleagues. Owner the Platform capability development plan.
• Excellent relationship management and influencing skills and experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups.
• Recognizes and manages conflicts within the Platform team, and takes urgent action to resolve them.
• Responsible for the effective resource planning & allocation, supply management and resolution of conflicts and escalations within a technical team.
Ideally Finance and Risk domain knowledge gained from within banking environment would be advantageous but other platform development leadership considered such as Wholesale, Telecommunications, Oil & Gas and Insurance.
If you have the above skills and experience and would like to know more then please apply below:Apply for this job