The M365 3rd Line Engineer will engage in delivering high quality technical support as part of the M365 and Server infrastructure support team. Reporting to the Technical Team Lead, the role provides strong technical expertise in Cloud and Server infrastructure within the technical team. This role also encompasses some security elements such as driving Secure Score improvements across clients; standardisation and implementation of policies in InTune and providing BAU checks of the Nessus console to identify new risks, research fixes for implementation; create and submit changes to the Change Advisory Board.
Advanced troubleshooting and resolving the more complex 3rd line issues escalated by 2nd line engineers is a key part of this role. There is a focus on delivering long term solutions in place of temporary workarounds and the methodical documentation, implementation and maintenance of processes is a key part of this role. Provides a key interface between 2nd line engineering levels and senior technical Architects.
- Point of escalation for technical support issues
- Documentation of resolutions into Knowledgebase and update technical documentation
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvement opportunities
- M365 and Security service development and deployment activities.
- Alert troubleshooting and resolution
- OS patch management
- Security vulnerability resolution
- Attendance at customer meetings to provide overviews of resolutions deployed or recommendations on technical next steps
- Project delivery support
- Adherence to Prince, Agile and ITIL standards
- Mentoring of 2nd line engineers.
- Adherence to architectural standards and processes.
The Role and the Team
The M365 3rd Line Engineer will be aligned to Managed Services team. The Managed Services team is responsible for delivering ongoing contracted services and support to all clients with live contracts. The team is comprised of highly skilled technical engineers with specialisms ranging from the Microsoft suite of services to Network and infrastructure services. Adherence to values of respect to our customers and colleagues and delivering a responsive, expert service is a must.
- Extensive technical experience within the Cloud services sector
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Proven collaboration and analytical skills to proactively drive customers’ end user technology forward.
- Expertise in Microsoft Cloud technologies: Microsoft Azure/Azure AD; M365; Exchange Online; InTune
- Good knowledge of IT security practices and the implementation of tools that provide MFA, DLP, Proxy services, encryption, event logging and alerting.
- A solid and demonstrable understanding of Windows Server and on-premise server products such as SQL Server, Active Directory, Azure AD Connect.
- Experience with Microsoft Security products would be a benefit.
- Demonstrable experience of writing PowerShell scripts
- Implementing automation using Azure runbooks, Azure functions, etc.
- An understanding of networking technology and principals.
- An understanding of server backup and restore principals.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical background
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at 3rd line or similar role.
- Experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management within a complex environment
- The candidate should or will be required to undertake the Microsoft certification AZ-104 and Windows Server 2019 hybrid technical assessment.
- The candidate should hold, or be willing to undertake, additional Microsoft certifications for Windows Server, Azure, Cloud. (MS-100, MS101, MD-100, MD-101, AZ-300)
- ITIL v3 or v4
- Experience using Azure DevOPs
- Supporting Linux Servers
- Prior experience of working for a Managed Services Provider
- Microsoft Security exams, MS-500 & AZ-500
- Any experience with infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform or Project Bicep
If you have the above skills and experience and would like to know more detail then please contact Zac Stephens