An exciting opportunity has arisen for an accomplished Senior Manager to deliver high quality data services supporting Market Risk Reporting and other areas of Treasury. Responsible for managing the Treasury Data Warehouse, which draws together data from across the entire Group Balance Sheet, you will play a critical role in shaping the future Treasury data strategy. You will have strong experience and awareness of data, databases and supporting architecture, in addition to a sound understanding of the Group balance sheet and associated interest rate risks.
You will be a highly motivated and knowledgeable leader, able to motivate and inspire a high performing team of 3, set to increase in size over the coming months. A creative and lateral thinker, you’ll be an influential communicator with excellent presentation and documentation skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at all levels, able to tailor your style accordingly.
Key accountabilities include:
• Delivery and ownership of the provision of accurate and timely datasets for Market Risk Reporting
• Provide a high quality data service responding quickly to the changing priorities of stakeholders
• Manage the relationship with the Database Development team , prioritising change and development of the Treasury Data warehouse processes and infrastructure
• Develop the use of the Treasury Data warehouse within Treasury and Finance promoting the data services offered by the team
• Represent Market Risk Reporting on Group wide projects which impact the Treasury Data warehouse and work closely with the Project team, Treasury Change team and Development team to deliver change in a controlled way
• Continued drive to improve the efficiency of processes and the quality of data
• Ownership of Data Quality reporting to the Group, and the ongoing documentation of data transformations to comply with BCBS239
• Control access to Treasury Data warehouse and related applications
• Manage Treasury Data warehouse process change with all impacted stakeholders, ensuring that requirements are understood and high quality outcomes are delivered
• Playing a key role in the future design and implementation of the Treasury data strategy, working closely with counterparts across Treasury, Finance and IT
You’ll need to have the following:
• Good understanding of data requirements for Finance (or Treasury more specifically)
• Good understanding of data source systems and feed generation
• Good understanding of standard IT change processes
• Awareness in the development of SQL queries and Business Objects reporting
• Good understanding of SQL Database and Business Objects Universe structures
• Expertise in the creation and maintenance of Data transformation documentation
• Ideally, you will have a blend of technical skills, management and strategy leadership.