Unisys Dorado DBA, Manchester.
To Service and Business initiated changes to support and develop the CBS (Core Banking System) databases running on the Unisys Dorado platforms and their subsystems.
To contribute to the support and delivery of other Products, Infrastructure, Applications and Services necessary to maintain and improve the 24 x 7 availability of the CBS and it’s dependant subsystems and Services whilst ensuring that Infrastructure currency and risk mitigation are considered throughout the delivery and support processes.
• Install and maintain products and services according to Group standards and policies and to agreed service levels in line with the Platform Roadmap
• Provision of technical support (including incident and problem resolution) for systems and processes in complex environments
• Carry out technical activities in support of project delivery, service improvement and ongoing support of the platform which may involve out of hours working
• Identify and implement improvements to technical processes and toolsets to improve resource and cost efficiency
• Identify and remediate risks associated with the environment
• Able to provide support on a standard hours, 24 x 7 standby / callout or rota arrangement based on the needs of the Business
• Ensure all elements of the Unisys delivery of Business and Internal projects are completed to specification and plan
• Ensure delivery to all internal customers is controlled in a standard and repeatable way using best practice processes and tools to deliver a world class service
• External team liaison and engagement, vendor engagement and stakeholder management
• Prioritisation of incidents, problems providing regular updates on all Severity 1 and 2 issues
• Maintain an overall view of platform service / estate issues and understand any trends
• Highlight SPOF and support remediation across team
• Challenges existing practices and approaches, and regularly suggests improvements and new ideas that will benefit the experience of the Business / Customers when dealing with Group IT
• Provides professional / specialist knowledge to input to direction of group or project within own area of expertise
• Completes complex and non-standard assigned tasks, e.g. hardware / software installation, within timescales, and completing all required documentation to the required standard
Key Capabilities & Knowledge:
• Candidate should have service oriented mindset (High Volume Transaction Processing, 24 x 7 continuous operation, critical banking systems – commitment & discipline to ensuring maximum service availability for Production and Development / Test systems)
• Self -starter / proactive with keen approach to improvement, automation, challenge project / design & have a technical orientation.
• Flexible approach to work to meet project & service 24 x 7 demands, additional hours as necessary – there will be need for extra out of hours work, on-call support rota availability.
• Have strong communications skills / build relationships with project teams, AD&M, EAD, Business Units, 3rd Parties etc.
Role Specific Capabilities & Knowledge:
• Unisys UDS (DMS and RDMS) Database Logical and Physical Design, Implementation, Support, Management
• Unisys BIS / MAPPER skills
• Knowledge of rCBS Application Structure
• Unisys OS2200 Platform Software (& Hardware) Infrastructure
• EXEC Operating System & Components, ECL / JCL & Supporting Software Products
• Unisys Database and Communications Software / Networks
• Programming languages (including): COBOL, C, SSG, MASM / Assembler
• HP SM7 / ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management Toolset
• Systems Performance / Monitoring / Alerting / Automation
• Complex Technical Design & Problem Solving
• Online Real-time, Transaction based Mainframe architecture
• Various other platforms / technologies (including): Windows Server, Unix, MQ, IIS, SQL, ASP, Visual Basic
If you have the above Unisys Dorado experience and would like to know more then please contact Zac Stephens at Concilio.Apply for this job