Technical Consultant specialised in the Fraud space to work on the implementation of software at financial institutions across EMEA. Technical Consultant work primarily with IBM technology on Mainframe/UNIX/Linux and DB2/Oracle; and are responsible for ensuring the technical components of the project are correctly installed and configured. The consultant forms part of a team that will manage the entire implementation process from project inception to the point the client goes live.
The responsibilities of the Optimization Technical Consultant are as follows:
- Assist in Integration of a suite of products with backend client systems
- Installation and configuration of the financial software application
- Installation and configuration of IBM software, especially AIX, MQ, DB2, Websphere Application Server and Tivoli Directory Server
- Installation and configuration of Business Objects reporting software
- Installation and configuration of Oracle and DB2 databases
- On and off-site support for software products for the duration of the project
- Delivering consultancy on IBM technology and related platforms
- Delivering consultancy on RDBMS technology
- Delivering ‘health-checks’ on existing installations
- Configuring in-house test systems
- Balancing multiple high-profile projects simultaneously. Easily switch from one agenda to another.
- Understanding and communicating both business and technical objectives from multiple perspectives including client view, internal development view, and operational and support view.
- Seeking out clarification and examples when necessary.
- Constantly seeking out and improving product and technical knowledge.
- Constantly seeking out, contributing and implementing ideas for process improvements, more efficient use of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and quicker issue-resolution.
- Participating in quality assurance test planning, technical publications development, system design sessions, implementation planning and other phases of software development lifecycle as needed.
- Building relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders from senior executive to support desk. Leveraging these relationships effectively to validate assumptions, acquire useful information, negotiate among competing objectives, resolve issues, manage change, agree to direction and achieve consensus.
- Ensuring completion of high-quality deliverables within time-constraints.
- Facilitating discussions remotely to obtain approval on the requirements from all stakeholders.
- You should have an excellent technical background and excellent communications skills.
- The position involves working on multiple projects at the same time therefore you should demonstrate the ability to manage your own time, and manage client expectations as well as those of other project team members.
Skills and Experience:
- Technically related degree, BSC Hons 2:2 or above or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience of working in IT on Unix platforms either supporting or implementing IBM or Oracle based client/server solutions.
- Demonstrated exposure to Service-Oriented Architecture
- Excellent systems administration skills on AIX, Solaris and Linux
- Knowledge of CICS, ISPF, JCL and MVS
- Excellent systems administration skills on WAS 8.5
- Oracle (11g or above) or DB2 database administration skills
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Excellent shell scripting skills
- Good understanding of J2EE principals and Java programming
- Excellent inter-personal skills, comfortable and successful establishing professional relationships especially remotely
Knowledge of the following:
- Tivoli Directory Services
- Business Objects
- Web Services
- Good understanding of internet/web technologies such as HTML, SSL, TCP/IP, XML etc.
- Exposure to High Availability configurations
- Basic understanding of performance tuning
Foreign language skills would also be viewed positively.
If you have the above technical skills gathered from within the Financial Services Fraud vertical and would like to know more detail then please contact Zac Stephens at Concilio.Apply for this job