We are seeking passionate and immersed Microsoft specialists wishing to progress into consultancy to join our clients busy professional services practice within the infrastructure services team. Microsoft Professional Services specialists, consultants and architects are customer facing and primarily responsible for Service Strategy Consulting, Service/System Design and Service Transition functions for our clients in addition to R&D/Innovation and Emerging Technology duties.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of designing, implementing, and understanding the operational aspects of a full stack Microsoft 365 cloud-native and/or hybrid deployments. The principal focus of this role will be on timely delivery and quality of Microsoft 365 solutions, facilitating service transitions/migrations to ensure that client requirements are met or exceeded, appropriately exploiting the available technology to maximise ROI for the client. Additionally, the role also incorporates the facilitation of workshops and other duties such as speaking at events and assisting junior staff. To facilitate this you will have demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft 365 services extending into Azure AD and associated Azure services for Security & Identity Management, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, Phone System, Teams Room Systems, Syntex (ML), PowerBI, Power Platform and Compliance capabilities.
- Support the commercial teams through pre-sales engagements with the assistance of colleagues, contributing to tender responses and customer proposals including production of bill of materials and statement of works documentation.
- Engage with client stakeholders to understand requirements, seeking to fully address client needs in designing and implementing M365 solutions, specifically relating to Modern Workplace technologies such as SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, Phone System, Viva and Syntex.
- Collaborate with Project Management Office to ensure timely and qualitive delivery of projects.
- Implementation of and migration of data and services to M365 solutions to meet client requirements, appropriately exploiting the available technology to maximise value and ROI for the client.
- Provide advice and recommendations to stakeholders based on experience within specialist technology area.
- End-to-end lifecycle support for integrations and customisations for SharePoint, Teams and Viva
- Delivery of workshops aligned to customer or prescriptive requirements.
- Provide service transition and migration capabilities for client solutions being onboarded to Managed Service contracts
- Undertake professional development activities to further knowledge, experience, and qualifications relevant to technical, business operations and to support career progression.
- This role is customer facing, historically with 30% travel, although this is expected to reduce as clients transition more to remote working scenarios. The ability to confidently communicate over the phone or video call is important along with being able to run customer workshops to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work within cross functional teams to deliver large scale projects within or outside of technical specialism
- Participating in the development forum to contribute and deliver innovative concepts, continual service improvements and product evolution work programmes.
- Occasional escalation support in relation to problem management for colleagues in the Managed Services team
- Building proof of concept deployments, running pilot trials ahead of full-scale deployments and collaborating on R&D opportunities to automate, develop and leverage upcoming technology updates.
Education & Qualifications
The successful candidate will hold one or more of the following qualification or be willing to achieve or upgrade existing certifications as part of a structured probation programme.
- Microsoft 365 Certified Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified Teamwork Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified Messaging Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
Competencies & Skills
- Adaptable: Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Efficient: Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability to meet given objectives and processes.
- Responsible: Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy, demonstrating an organised approach to work with high attention to detail.
- Preventer: Understands, applies, and promotes positive personal security practices.
- Focused: Highly motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Enabler: A team player, comfortable working with diverse teams and stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Learner: Desire to develop knowledge and progress within the team and wider company
- Confident: Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective dialogue with others.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with Microsoft/Office 365 & EM+S feature sets
- 3+ years’ experience of working with Exchange & SharePoint Server in standalone & hybrid modes
- 3+ years’ experience of working with Microsoft Teams and associated features such as Cloud Voice, Phone System and Direct Routing.
- Experience of migrating Exchange, SharePoint, and other workloads from On-premise to cloud either in cloud-native or hybrid modes.
- Hands-on, demonstrable PowerShell scripting skills.
- Experience in Active Directory, SharePoint and/or Exchange migrations with Microsoft, Bittitan, BinaryTree, Quest, ShareGate, and/or CloudM toolsets
- Broad knowledge of email and mobility solutions
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft/Office 365 service stack including EM+S, AAD, AADC, MS Teams, SharePoint Online, Compliance Features, Power Platform & Exchange Online
- COBIT, ITIL and/or TOGAF exposure is desirable.
- Exposure/Experience of Microsoft Viva (Insights, Connections, Topics, Learning), Syntex, Power Automate, Beezy and/or Nintex would also be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Exchange and/or SharePoint Server in standalone or hybrid, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Experience and working knowledge of Windows Server 2016, 2019 & 2022 (including services such as ADFS, DNS, Certificate Services, Hyper-V, IIS etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Defender product suite (formally ATP)
- Demonstrable knowledge of PowerShell and automation capabilities
- Occasional travel within the UK, some international possible with overnight stays
- Attendance at monthly team meetings in regional offices (London/Gdansk)
- Willing to undergo Security Vetting (UKSV/NATO)
- Must have right to work in the UK with indefinite leave to remain and have been resident for at least 3 years.
- Full-time position to start as soon as possible.
- Work from home contract
- Alternatively, you can also work from our London office.
- This role can typically entail travel to our customer sites and occasional overnight stays
- Appropriate, modern technology to support the fulfilment of your role.
- 25-days holiday (plus statutory holidays), paid sick leave, Company pension scheme, Life assurance policy, Healthcare plan, interest free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and other benefits.
- Significant focus on Learning + Development. training courses, seminars, and social events in London
If you have the above technical M365 Modern Workplace experience and would like to know more detail then please contact Zac Stephens at Concilio.Apply for this job