Department Responsibilities: Design and manage security solutions, including firewall, and network intrusion detection systems.
• Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, and UPSs.
• Design and implement all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
• Design and maintain network access permissions, and access rights.
• Participate in the planning and execution of security audits.
• Ensure network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Recommend and manage network monitoring tools
• Participate in off shift coverage as necessary
Develop and implement applications and tools to improve the operational efficiency of the company
• Participating in the identification and enablement of process automation
• Help maintain and enhance existing applications and processes
• Participating in the proactive monitoring of our global network
• Developing metrics and reports for managing network connectivity
• Collecting and analyzing data that is necessary for enabling new sites
• Prepare and maintain system level documentation
• Develop and maintain training material where appropriate
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of the Network Operations Engineer is to ensure the stability, integrity and operation of the network infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, communication links as well as the monitoring and management tools required.
The Network Operations Engineer will provide technical oversight for the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, communication links and monitoring programs.
The Network Operations Engineer will analyze and resolve communication problems between the data centres and the customer sites in a timely and accurate fashion.
The Network Operations Engineer is accountable for ensuring that the appropriate monitoring and management tools are in place, including procurement and in house development of specialized
tools as necessary.
Experience and Quaifications: Level
Educational attainment equivalent to BA/BSc in computer networking, engineering, computer science or other technical field
Excellent networking and computer skills, routers, firewalls, network address translation, and VPN
Excellent implementation skills using industry best practices
Demonstrated knowledge of advanced networking protocols
Demonstrated knowledge of advanced network administration principles
Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and techniques
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
Technical Skills and Abilities: Level
Cisco Routers (ISR up to ASR)
Cisco Switches (Catalysts/Nexus)
Cisco Wireless (WLC/WCS & AP’s)
Cisco Load Balancers (CSS/ACE)
Cisco Firewalls (PIX/ASA)
Cisco NMS (Prime/NCS)
F5 Load Balancers (LTM)
Cisco NAC (ISE)
Cisco IPT (Call Manager/CME)
F5 Load Balancers (GTM)
Dell (Force10) Switches
If you have the above network and security experience and would like to know more detail then please contact Zac Stephens at Concilio.Apply for this job