The M365 3rd / 4th Line Engineer will engage in delivering high quality technical support as part of the M365 and Server infrastructure support team. Reporting to the Technical Team Lead, the role provides strong technical expertise in Cloud and Server infrastructure within the technical team.
- Point of escalation for technical support issues
- Documentation of resolutions into Knowledgebase and update technical documentation
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvement opportunities
- M365 and Security service development and deployment activities.
- Alert troubleshooting and resolution
- OS patch management
- Security vulnerability resolution
- Attendance at customer meetings to provide overviews of resolutions deployed or recommendations on technical next steps
- Project delivery support
- Adherence to Prince, Agile and ITIL standards
- Mentoring of 2nd line engineers.
- Adherence to architectural standards and processes.
- Extensive technical experience within the Cloud services sector
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Proven collaboration and analytical skills to proactively drive customers’ end user technology forward.
- Expertise in Microsoft Cloud technologies: Microsoft Azure/Azure AD; M365; Exchange Online; InTune
- Good knowledge of IT security practices and the implementation of tools that provide MFA, DLP, Proxy services, encryption, event logging and alerting.
- A solid and demonstrable understanding of Windows Server and on-premise server products such as SQL Server, Active Directory, Azure AD Connect.
- Experience with Microsoft Security products would be a benefit.
- Demonstrable experience of writing PowerShell scripts
- Implementing automation using Azure runbooks, Azure functions, etc.
- An understanding of networking technology and principals.
- An understanding of server backup and restore principals.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical background
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at 3rd line or similar role.
If you have the above skills and experience and would like to know more detail then please contact Zac Stephens.