To use expert specialist skills and knowledge to define and deliver solutions within area of specialism and contribute to the development and implementation of Multi-Channel/IT plans in line with the overall strategy of the Bank’s Multi-Channel IT and the business.
- Work with the Lead Solution Architects to design solutions for large projects and programmes; through expert knowledge translate high level business requirements into technology architectures that align to Divisional strategic architecture.
- Ability to manage business and IT stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensure that the delivery of the project aligns to longer term strategic roadmaps for the division and IT.
- Work as part of the programme delivery team on large programmes, governing and shaping the delivery of projects. Work closely with external suppliers to ensure solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements.
- Lead the design of solutions for projects and programmes, translating high level business requirements into technology architectures that align to Divisional strategic architecture. Gather specialist input and lead small specialist teams to undertake the delivery of a comprehensive design.
- Manage business stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensure that the delivery of the project aligns to longer term strategic roadmaps for the division and IT.
- Work closely with external suppliers to ensure solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements.
- Simplify the existing architecture, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with the policies and standards of the group.
- Lead collaborative working with other areas within Enterprise Architecture and Design to ensure that all solutions are complete, operable, conform to business processes and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service.
- Responsible throughout the entire project lifecycle for design aspects of the solution for the project.
- Provide clear, continuous and consistent solution architecture leadership at a detailed level within the project.
- Ensure solutions are fit for purpose, meet the needs of business, the agreed requirements and are both pragmatic and supportive of the Divisional strategic architecture direction.
- Support the peer review and QA of project architectural artefacts across divisions through governance forums. Report key architecture decisions and implications to the Group architectural governance forums.
- Work with the Lead Solution Architects to identify and communicate appropriate resource requirements and work breakdown structure based on skills profile and best fit to complete the Architecture Description, and ensure project plans and finances align with this working with the Project / Programme Manager and Divisional Operations Lead.
- Monitor technology developments to ensure that the bank is effectively positioned to respond to and leverage opportunities that enhance competitive position through adoption of new practices or technologies. Maintain a forward looking perspective on emerging technology developments and their relevance to both Business and Technology Strategies.
- Participate from time to time in the supplier selection process, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations.
- Expected to carry out core accountabilities with minimal level of supervision for complex tasks and no supervision for more routine matters.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of Solutions Architecture.
Key Business Knowledge areas:
This role will be focussed in the Digital Channels of the bank. Knowledge of Financial Services Internet Banking or other high volume/secure ecommerce/retails/financial transaction business is essential to perform this role. This will include a broad understanding of the complexities and rigour needed in creating finance systems (auditing, security, controls, transactional integrity, encryption etc.)Apply for this job