We are seeking passionate and immersed Microsoft specialist wishing to progress into consultancy to join our clients busy professional services practice within their infrastructure services team. The Microsoft Professional Services specialists, consultants and architects are customer facing and primarily responsible for Service Strategy Consulting, Service/System Design and Service Transition functions for their clients in addition to R&D/Innovation and Emerging Technology duties.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of designing, implementing, and understanding the operational aspects of a full stack Microsoft 365 cloud-native and/or hybrid deployments. The principal focus of this role will be on timely delivery and quality of Microsoft 365 solutions, facilitating service transitions/migrations to ensure that client requirements are met or exceeded, appropriately exploiting the available technology to maximise ROI for the client. Additionally, the role also incorporates the facilitation of workshops and other duties such as speaking at events and assisting other team members.
To facilitate this you will have demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft 365 services extending into Azure AD and associated Azure services for Security & Identity Management, Windows 10 Deployment and EUD Monitoring & Management (such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager, ConfigMgr, Intune and Autopilot enrolment).
- Support the commercial teams through pre-sales engagements with the assistance of colleagues, contributing to tender responses and customer proposals including production of bill of materials and statement of works documentation.
- Engage with client stakeholders to understand requirements, seeking to fully address client needs in designing and implementing M365 solutions, specifically relating to Modern Management and EUD.
- Collaborate with Project Management Office to ensure timely and qualitive delivery of projects.
- Implementation of and migration of data and services to M365 solutions to meet client requirements, appropriately exploiting the available technology to maximise value and ROI for the client.
- Provide advice and recommendations to stakeholders based on experience within specialist technology area.
- End-to-end lifecycle support for Application packaging and delivery.
- Delivery of workshops aligned to customer or prescriptive requirements.
- Provide service transition and migration capabilities for client solutions being onboarded to Managed Service contracts
- Undertake professional development activities to further knowledge, experience, and qualifications relevant to technical, business operations and to support career progression.
- This role is customer facing, historically with 30% travel, although this is expected to reduce as clients transition more to remote working scenarios. The ability to confidently communicate over the phone or video call is important along with being able to run customer workshops to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work within cross functional teams to deliver large scale projects within or outside of technical specialism
- Participating in the development forum to contribute and deliver innovative concepts, continual service improvements and product evolution work programmes.
- Occasional escalation support in relation to problem management for colleagues in the Managed Services team
- Building proof of concept deployments, running pilot trials ahead of full-scale deployments and collaborating on R&D opportunities to automate, develop and leverage upcoming technology updates.
Education & Qualifications
The successful candidate will hold one or more of the following qualification or be willing to achieve or upgrade existing certifications as part of a structured probation programme.
- Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified Messaging Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified Teamwork Administrator Associate
Competencies & Skills
- Adaptable: Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Efficient: Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability to meet given objectives and processes.
- Responsible: Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy, demonstrating an organised approach to work with high attention to detail.
- Preventer: Understands, applies, and promotes positive personal security practices.
- Focused: Highly motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Enabler: A team player, comfortable working with diverse teams and stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Learner: Desire to develop knowledge and progress within the team and wider company
- Confident: Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective dialogue with others.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with Microsoft/Office 365 & EM+S
- 3+ years historical understanding of Windows 10 Deployment & server technologies
- 3+ years current experience of Modern Management technologies including Microsoft Endpoint Manager, ConfigMgr, Intune and Autopilot enrolment using Windows 10, Android, iOS and macOS.
- Hands-on, demonstrable PowerShell scripting skills.
- Experience in Active Directory or Exchange migrations with Microsoft, Bittitan, BinaryTree, Quest, ShareGate & CloudM toolsets
- Broad knowledge of email and mobility solutions
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft/Office 365 service stack including EM+S, AAD, AADC, WHfB/Passwordless, AADJ and AADHJ capabilities
- Experience and working knowledge of Windows Server 2016, 2019 & 2022 (including services such as ADFS, DNS, Certificate Services, Hyper-V, IIS etc.)
- COBIT, ITIL and/or TOGAF exposure is desirable.
- 1+ years working with Exchange & SharePoint Server in standalone & hybrid modes
- Working knowledge of Exchange 2010 through to 2019 in standalone or hybrid, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Experience of migrating Exchange, SharePoint, and other workloads from On-premise to cloud either in cloud-native or hybrid modes.
- Windows Virtual Desktop and Application Packaging experience would also be beneficial to this role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of PowerShell and automation capabilities
- Exposure/Experience of Infrastructure as Code (IoC), specifically Bicep or Terraform
- Occasional travel within the UK, some international possible with overnight stays
- Attendance at monthly team meetings in regional office (London)
- Willing to undergo Security Vetting (UKSV/NATO)
- Must have right to work in the UK with indefinite leave to remain and have been resident for at least 3 years.
If you have the above skills and experience and would like to know more detail then please contact Zac StephensApply for this job