Cloud Architect working within Software Development you will be integral to our multi-discipline agile product teams delivering cloud enabled architecture. You will be leveraging your experience of moving applications to cloud to drive a platform transformation approach working with development teams to ensure alignment to design and to support delivery, best practice guidance, and technical expertise.
You will provide mentoring to members of the Software Development team – beyond the architecture team – on technology and ways of working aligned to the strategy and objectives of the business
Education, Skills & Knowledge:
* Solution design and architecture
* Strong demonstrable knowledge of cloud technologies, design approaches and application implementation including, but not limited to, Azure, AWS, GCP, PaaS and SaaS services;
* A strong understanding of cloud and software design patterns and their application to solving problems;
* Knowledge and understanding of Service Orientated Architecture, APIs, micros-services, containerisation and associated technologies;
* Experience of technical mentoring and in-depth problem-solving and associated communication skills;
* Experience of software development within an agile development environment, including implementing supporting tools or techniques;
* Experience of designing and implementing systems/software solutions that operate in a critical production/manufacturing environment desirable;
* Good data management skills across both structured and unstructured data with a sound understanding of, and experience of using relational and non-relational database technologies;
* Experience and capability of providing exceptional customer service
* Deliver application architecture and designs using industry standard processes and techniques to meet requirements defined by the business for critical production systems;
* Employ extensive experience working with relevant development technologies to design and deliver prototypes, applications, and interfaces to business-critical applications;
* Work with internal business and operational teams to deliver system designs in line with the technical roadmap;
* Provide technical advice and guidance both internally and externally on the architecture, design, and development of business-critical production systems;
* Liaise with business and operational teams to ensure deliverables are produced which meet business expectations and requirements;
* Liaise with development and testing teams to ensure the design is clearly understood and implemented in line with the core business architectural principles;
* Liaise with testing and operational teams to ensure the smooth migration of developed code from one environment to another;
* Provide input for improvements and enhancements to the development strategy;
* Produce documentation as required by the development process as well as on an ad-hoc basis in line with departmental requirements;
* Mentor developers in best practice, suitable coding patterns, and development methodology;
* Lead cross-functional development efforts, driving quality practices into work products throughout the lifecycle of a project;
* Drive the selection, adoption, and integration of appropriate tools and techniques to support the broader development process.
* Work with third-party software providers to ensure technical alignment and the effective delivery of software components that integrate with internally developed solutions.
The role is based mainly in my clients offices in Bristol with the opportunity to WFH up to two days per week.
If you would like to know more detail then please contact Zac Stephens at Concilio.
Concilio is an employment agency and employment business.