Our client is looking to appoint a hands on, seasoned developer, chief lead application architect to assist in a transformation of an legacy software environment towards cloud DevOps new way of doing software practice.
• Experience in defining and delivering Enterprise Application Architectures including N-tier applications (web and mobile), Microservices, Docker Containers, PaaS and SaaS
• Proven experience in delivering 12-factor, cloud-native applications
• Familiarity with various microservices frameworks (e.g., Spring Cloud, Lagom) and building reactive applications
• Experience designing applications that are fully scalable and delivering onto a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
• Experience with delivering on at least one of the major cloud platforms (i.e., AWS, Azure, Google)
• Experience in defining application architectures for large organisations, and of demonstrating alignment between business objectives and the target application architecture.
• Ability to work under pressure, and in particular to identify the application architecture decisions and issues which have the most importance and impact within the wide range of programme decisions to be taken at any particular point in time.
• Understanding the implications of application patterns and when to recommend a pattern for delivering required functionality
• Experience in API and service design and how to best expose application data and functionality to consumers
• Experience of mobile frameworks and technologies (e.g., HTML5, CSS3, PhoneGap, Appcelerator Titanium)
• Experience of at least one significant application platform technology (e.g., IBM WAS, Node.js, Microsoft .Net)
• Knowledge of application development practises, including DevOps
• Understanding how cloud can be leveraged to enable scalable and elastic capabilities
• Understanding of industry IT Direction (Open Source, Cloud, DevOps, API economy, Big Data etc)
If you have the above skills and experience and would like to know more then please contact Zac Stephens at Concilio.Apply for this job